Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Love Being Sick May 21, 2017

Mauri Mauri! What up Fam! And friends!

Well I wish I had some exciting stuff to tell about this week. Monday night I didn’t sleep due to me throwing up/on the pot all night hahah. Yep my stomach just started randomly hurting and at about 9 I had to run to make it to the pot and throw up at the same time. Let me tell yah it’s not very fun to be losing you insides from 2 parts of your body at the same time. Sorry I know that’s TMI but it’s just reality. So ya basically i woke up every 2 hours and repeated that process 4 more times, the last time throwing up is always the worst because your basically just gagging haha. Dang I said so many prayers haha. Rough time in my mission, but we glt trials for a reason right? Tuesday i still felt sick so we stayed home. And Wednesday we stayed home as well cuz I had no food in me, obsolutly none, so I had no energy to bike anywhere. I think I got sick from either drinking bad water (I broke our filter oops) or I think it might have been from a virus that came from a mosquito. But I boiled the water so idk. (no worries we got a new filter sent to us haha).

Thursday was back to work. Thursday-Saturday was jusy normal work and then at night we had song practice for our village for the HUGE MAIANA gov. 50th anniversary celebration on May 27th. It’s pretty cool cuz everyone in the village has to come and we all sing cool traditional kiribati songs. When we sing we all sit around a big wooden box that the old men hit (to make the beat) while we sing. Its called autobok (idk how to spell it). Its soooooo cool and fun. 

Sunday was church all day. I conducted one session, hard but good. One session the members did everything it was awesome! Every other session I gave a talk. Which I do every week. Also, I taught seminary today. It’s good practice. I feel like the Lord is really helping me a lot.

Thank you for all your prayers, I really need them.

Also, happy anniversary Marissa and Trevor! And late bday Aunt Tiffany and early bday Uncle Steve! 

Also thank you Grandpa and G’ma Tingey and Stoker for your letters, and also aunt Fawn and uncle Troy (sorry Troy I forgot the words) and Mom, and Bro Nikolaus and Dad for your letters. I forgot to tell you that I got them all the day before I left the Marshall Islands. 


Oh, I forgot last week it rained soooo hard and it was 8 and dark and we were at the farthest village away from our house (like an hour bike ride) and we started biking back and the rain stopped but the dirt road was flooded like the whole way back, but it was kind of cool riding back in the dark in the flooded muddy road on a tiny island here in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Gotta love it. I think I have the coolest mission in the world.

 Love you all! Also a special shoutout to those who are graduating this week! Big time in life!

Itangiringkami ni kabane(kiribati) I love you all! Ij iakwe komiean(marshallese),

ELDER TINGEY 


No comments:

Post a Comment