Wednesday, October 18, 2017

11 MONTHS! August 6, 2017

What up fam and friends! 
I hit my 11th month mark today! Crazy! One more month and im at my year.mark! 
This week it rained a ton! The road was sooo muddy haha took us so long to ride places. 
Also my foot swelled.up super big last week from a fat boil. No.worries mom its not swollen anymore hahhaa. Last week.also we got a huge branch of bananas from a member. They were soooo good and i ate them like candy cuz they are sooo sweet here. Also ate a weird lobster/praying mantice looking sea creature and it was super good!
On weekly plannig day i made banana pancakes! So good. (flour, baking soda, sugar, powdered milk, and bananas) call me chef tingey. 
My Kiribati is coming a long really well! People always say to me  "how long have u been in Kiribati?" i tell them i just barely hit 3 months here and then they say "how come your language is so well?" and then i tell them "because God helps me" then they laugh because they dont believe me. I feel bad for my comp because everyone always asks me "is ur comp brand new to kiribati? His language isnt very good is it?" poor guy has been here in Kiribati for almost a year. His language is good he is just so shy. 
This week we picked up 3 solid new investigators, and they all have fellowshipers already! One of them came to church on sunday and only havijg one lesson with her she stood up and bore her testimony! After church she told me.that God whispered in her ear that she should share her testimony. Then she asked for a Book of Mormon so she could read it! Wow! Talk about prepared! God prepared her and literally dropped her in our hands when she came to church with her less active friend 2 weeks ago. Her name is Ata and is a 20 YSA. 
The Lord also dropped another investigator in our hands when i asked a member for a referall and she gave me the lady sitting right next to her hahaha. So two days later we taught her with her member friends there. We taught the Restoration and it was sooo powerful! The member (our relief society president) shared her testimony and her reactivation story! Im so happy for these new investigators!
Love the work! Little frustrated with some of the members because a lot didnt.come to church this past week.  But no worries, they are our focus for the week. 
Love you all. Please do FHE.every week. And pray in ur families every morning and night. 
Love the mission!
Elder Tingey

Elder Tingey

No comments:

Post a Comment