Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Craziest Week of My Mission August 30, 2017

Iakwe/Mauri!!!
what up fam and friends. well my head hurts a little right now, my brain is confused on what language i am supposed to be speaking hahaha and the answer is all 3 Lol.

so Tuesday i flew into Tarawa from Maiana. I worked with the ZL for 2 days. On wednesday i had an interview with President Larkin, definelty the longest intreview i have ever had on the mish. He first asked me how i was doing, how Maiana was, and thanked me for my work out there. He then continued on and told my next assignment, which i thought was going to be me working on Tarawa, but President pulled a fast one on me. He told me that I would be heading back to the Marshall Islands on Friday, i asked "so like next week, right?" and he said, "nope, like in 2 days" I was speechless hahahaha. He then continued to tell me what my assignemtn in the Marshall Islands was. I would be working in Long Island which has a very big population of Kiribati people. I will be starting up a Kiribati branch in Long Island on September 10, 2017 at 11:30am. All in the Kiribati Language. My companion is Elder Dunn, from my intake. He is one of my good buds on the mish so i was excited to work with him. He is District Leader right now. We live with the AP's which are also 2 of my best friends on the Mish (i worked on Ebeye with them) so i was pretty happy about that. I will be working with the the 4 Kiribati sisters and Elder Ross (who went to Kiribati with me and came back with me, but is working as DL in a different area) to set up and run this branch. Dang its crazy. President Larkin was like you will be the first missionary ever to set up a Kiribati branch and run it in the Marshall Islands. So pretty dope. He didn't give me an option to stay in Kiribati, but i wasn't going to ask him to stay. It was a bitter sweet. I was sad to leave Kiribati especially because i was only there for 4 months, but i was happy to come back to the Marshall Islands. it was like coming home. 
I got to stay my last 2 nights in Kiribati with one of my best friends in the mission, Elder Peterson, who i worked with in Ajeltake in Majuro. Our flight was at like 7 in the morning and president was supposed to fly with us but a sisters dad diesd, so he stayed with her in Kiribati. so e.Ross, me, Sister Larkin, and a senior couple flew from Tarawa to Majuro. 

I already found so many Kiribati people and already picked up a family to teach in Kiribati!!! My comp understands no Kiribati, poor guy, so i am teaching him a little so he doesnt have to suffer when we are around Kiribati people. But hearing Marshallese people again was like music to my ears. Dang Kiribati and marshallese is sooooo different. My marshallese is coming back really fast. I can understand everything, but speaking again is the hard part, especially when i talk to Kiribati people and then go talk to Marshallese people hahha. 3 languages in my head and i have to use them all in a day. its tiring hahaha. The Lord really has blessed me. 

I will finally get my mothers day call with you all tomorrow, Tuesday 11:00am, so thats like Mondya late afternoon i think for you all. Please be ready.

love the mish!

Elder Tingey

No comments:

Post a Comment