Wednesday, October 18, 2017

KIRIBATI APRIL 30, 2017

What up Fam! Sorry my email didn't send last week that makes me really mad because I payed extra money to send it hahahaha. Well yes I am here on an outer island called MAIANA (sounds like My Anna) I have been here in Kiribati for a week! Dang it's been a long week. I flew into to Tarawa last Sunday and then flew here to Maiana on Tuesday. It was a tiny plane like only 13 people on the plane a we landed on a dirt runway it was kinda scary. But fun hahahaha. 
So !Y comp is Elder TUIKOLOVATU. He is half Tongan, quarter Japanese and a quarter white. He has been out for almost a year. He is awesome. He was a stud football player. Look him up. His first name is Siona. He is from San Diego. 
Well let me tell you about MAIANA. It's super long like it takes forever to bike from village to village. We hold church in 4 different villages. My comp is the Branch President. There was about 50 people at church. We are preparing this island to get a branch because technically it's a unit right now. 
MAIANA is known for lying hahahaha. It is so pretty here! I live in a stick hut and sleep on a raised up "bed' made of sticks with a Matt made out of leaves on top. So basically like the other side of heaven but not as nice. They just built another stick hut next to our hut that we will move into soon after they bless it. This stick hut is nicer because the sticks are closer together so less rats and bugs can get in. The floor is rocks with woven Matt's from coconut trees on top. I shower from a bucket. We get our water from a well and the toilet is a cement thing with a hole in it. To drink water we get it from the well and hand pump it through our filter. 
Something cool I ate last night was a big octopus. It was really good. It's culture to feed you or give you something to drink when you talk with them. 
We teach seminary to all age kids because they have a time for it in school. Um also the girls here are way prettier than marshallese girls hahahaha. 
Buildings here are made out of the trees around here. So like a classic island home that you would picture in your mind. It's awesome! Also there is a ton of mesquitoes. I'm getting eaten alive. 
We had a baptism this week. This old lady had been coming to church for 3 years and finally got baptized! 
Lastly the KIRIBATI language. Dang it's so different hahahaha. But dang the Lord has blessed me so much! The gift of tongues is real. It's very frustrating at times but I know I just have to have patience. I have already learned so much! 
I love you all! I'm emailing off of a tablet that the richest guy on the island owns hahaha 
Love you all! I will tell more stuff next week! 
Much love


No comments:

Post a Comment