Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Activities = Success June 11, 2017

What up Fam and friends!
Hows ya'lls summer? Mine is full of work! Dang i miss summer break haha. 
This week was solid. 
Tuesday: 2 senior couples came to look at the 4 water tanks that the church gave this island. 2 of them are in my village of Toora. So that night the village threw a party for them. Lots of food, singing and dancing. The village guys taught me and my.comp a cultural dance so we.did the dance for the senior couples. It was soo fun! Our village loves us hahah. 
This week we picked up 3 new investigators (all young boys) to add to my Toora army of children. Also we were supposed to have 4 baptisms this week but let me tell you Word of Wisdom gets all of our investigators. Hopefully they will do well this week so they can get baptjzed. Their names are Tekita, Tokatati, Teranate, Ngauea. Pray for them please. 
This Saturday we did an activity with the member of Bubutei, the farthest village from our house. We took 2 boats and we all went out to one of the other islands in this atoll and we had a picnic there. Everyone brought a ton of food: rice, breadfruit, octopus, canned meat etc. But while we were out there me, my comp, and a young guy went out fishing. We went net fishing where we walk in the ocean with the net and leave the net and then scare the fish into the net. The first time we went we only got 7 fish. Then we went out later when it was higher tide and got 60+ fish! Soooo cool and fun! We ate real good. Also all the young women went and got sea worms, which are pretty good, i like them better dried than fresh. Also im getting really good at climbing coconut trees and getting my favorite drink, the coconut, sooooo good. The activity was way fun for everyone. We had about 20+ of us. I saw 2 sea turtles which was sooo cool too. There are a ton here in Kiribati and in the Marshall Islands. The activity was a sucess and let me tell you i got sooo burnt. I now have blisters on my lips from the sun burn. #worthIt
Sunday: we had 58 people at church! Thats the highest its been my whole time here. We also had 9 investigators at church! #blessings. 
Lastly, activities=success because there is a Gma in Bubutei, she is basically my grandma here, she is the best, especially when she feeds me. Anyway she is hard  core less active but she came on the saturday activity and then guess what she CAME TO CHURCH! Made my day! Sundays are very tiring, leave at 8am get back at 9:30pm. Looooong day with lots of biking. 
This week one of President Larkin's counselors should be xoming to Maiana to make a branch here! That would be awesome and help so much.
Well time.flies, i have been out over 9months now. Love the mish. Mom and Dad happy late anniversary. 
Love you all! 
Ether 12:27 Be HUMBLE and the Lord can help you make weak things become strong. (my biggest trial: humility) hhahahaha
Much love from Kiribati,

Cowboy Country (Elder Tingey) 

No comments:

Post a Comment