Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Got Hit By A Car

What up Fam! Sorry for the email last week. I was kind of frustrated with the computer and i really missed Ebeye and was kind of homesick and so i just wanted to email my family but the stupid computers here in Majuro are terrible #islandLife. 
Anyway this week was pretty solid. I actually really do like Majuro because i am working in the country side, so not town. im like 30 min a way from town. My area is crazy thin and long. some parts are so thin that there is only room for the road hahah. you have the ocean side and the lagoon side and 10 feet of land in between hahhaha. you can alwasy see both sides of ocean. The downside of my area is that there are not that many people and it takes us forever to bike to their houses. so you know my legs are going to be freakin buff haha. There are tons of trees so i actually feel like im on an island. I drink coconuts all the time! its crazy to see kids just climb up coconut trees and stand in the middle of them and throw me coconuts and use machetes to trim the trees haha. I eat a lot of fish here too because some people just go spear fishing for food. 
My house is a little chapel house that is smaller than my room at home. But i freakin love it because i have a big field and a full court baskteball court and im right on the lagoon side beach. So every morning i wake up at 6:30 and go sit on the beach and watch the sun rise. its pretty dope. and then kids come over before school and we play basketball. 
Because my area is so long we have 4 missionaries and we split it. so basically i have the area that has all of the less active members. so we are doing a lot of work there and also a lot of finding, but we are having success due to hard work and the Lord. 

SO to the story about me getting hit by a car. Mom would it freak you out if i said i had to go to the hospital for 5 days? hahah jk but i did get hit. so i was riding a long and the roads arent very wide and there was a car coming behind me and one from in front of me. And usually the marshallese drivers are smart and will give me the right of way and slow down, but it so happened to be a chinese lady who came from behind me and was probably going 40 mph (didnt really slow down at all) and hit my hand that was on my handle bar, with the car mirror. Dang it was freakn scary. But the good thing was God protected me and I didnt fall or anything and my hand wasnt really injured so i waved the car down (because they didn;t bother to stop) and then they were chinese and didnt know and english and acted like they didnt know they hit me. So i let them go haha. 
Anyway good times. Love the mish (little frustrated with the mish President, but its all good).
Much love everyone. you guys should send me letters more often. Mom could you please put my adress on here please. 
Love the islands

No comments:

Post a Comment