Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Just Another Day in the Life and I'm Ready to Ride Sept 17, 2017

What up Fam and Friends from the middle of the Pacific Ocean! First off Happy Birthday to my Big Bro Nate!! everyone give him some love (especially you Mal)
So this week was good.
Basically was a week full of what we call Missionary work, which consists of Teaching people about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, just a twist is that we teach in Marshallese and Kiribati, crazy right? sorry i am just trying to make this email more interesting than it is hahaha. 

So this week i got to go back to my other area for a day, Ajeltake. THats the area i worked for 6 weeks here in Majuro before i went to Kiribati. I was so surprised that everyone still remembered my name. They were all like "Elder Tingey! Where have you been? we miss you!" hahaha i was so surprised because i only worked there 1 transfer, but i guess Legends never die hahahaha jk jk. It was pretty cool to see my old investigators. I was on splits with my Samoan bro from my intake, so i showed him all of my old investigators so that he can teach them. It was fun to go back for a day.

Also this week, while my comp was interviewing some investigators for Baptisms i was talking to the Lady that just came out of her interview and she was telling me that her nephew is serving a mission in Hawaii. and so i asked what his name was and she said Junior. And i was like no way, where is he from? and she said that him an dhis mom live in Arizona. i was freaking out !!!!!! i told her, i know Junior!! i went ot high school with him!! i sang in a quartet with him hahah. we just sat for like 20 minutes talking about Junior and how his mom is her younger sister. I took a picture with her, i will send it soon. But if someone could get me Juniors emai that would be awesome!!!! Crazy small world. 

On to Sunday, we had 6 investigators at church, all Marshallese. I was sooo happy!! after sacrament meeting about half of the congregation stood up and booked it for the door to get out and leave, hjahha classic Islanders. Its like a river of people trying to dip fast haha. Onlyh the really strong members stay for class. its very frustrating. And its very hard for me to work with ward leaders because right after the Marshallese sacrament meeting i have to run the Kiribati one.

Kiribati meeting was good. about the same amount of people as last time. But some new faces this time. the other elder that came back with me, lets just say is Kiribati is really struggling so im doing everything right now, well really the Lord is, but im the instrument in his hands. #Blessed. But all of the people came to class after, and I taught about the importance of following the Prophet and then shared Pres. Monson's last GC message. Had a lot of comments and interactment in the lesson. It was awesome!!! also the Kiribati members are already setting up activities and nights to learn the Kiribati hymns together haha. its soo awesome. 

Gotta love the work! I love serving both nations of people, Marshallese and Kiribati, both close to my heart.

love you all!

Elder Tingey

No comments:

Post a Comment