Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Humbled - Mar 26, 2017

what up Fam! and Friends! first of all congrats to those who are getting their mission calls, its an exciting time. second of all missions are freakin hard so be prepared haha. 
So not that much happened this week. Just good old finding. If you guys didnt know Finding is just the "greatest" part of missionary work hahaha. In my very long but thin area with not that many people in my area there are 7 different churches. It is classic Marshallese style to go to the closest Church near their house. So as you can see, it is very difficult work. My area has like a ton of less actives. We have been doing a different style of finding. I thought that we should pass out pictures of Jesus Christ with the Articles of Faith on the back. This has been pretty succesful. We have something to talk about with the people and we also are able to share our beliefs and correct the rumor that they believe about us praying to Joseph Smith. Everyone thinks that. or they think that we will take everyone to Utah once they become a member. anyway we have had some really good discussions with people and are able to answer their questions. 
The work is super hard and i am just so humbled due to the fact that i realize i need God's help in everyhting. Everyone who knows me knows that i am not the most humble person hahahaha, but let me tell yah, this mission has been teaching me a lot. God knows that i need ot be humbled hahahhaah. 

Something fun this week was that I played baseball with a bunch of little kids. It was boys vs. girls. to be honest the girls were pretty good so i had no mercy and was just hitting home runs out the wazooo ahhahhaha dang i forgot how much i love baseball ahahahah. 
Everyone, go outside and play!!!!! get off your dang computers and phones, go play outside hahaha. Thanks Pops for always playing catch with me or bball. Thanks Nate for making me want to be better than you in bball hahahah. Thanks Gpa stoker for tyring to teach my the sky hook shot even though i just laughed and said "thats the olden days grandpa" hahah. Thanks troy and becky for playing bball with me all the time. Its sad that we cant play anymore because you guys have these things called "Kids" haha. Well I love you all. I will try to be a better missionary so that you all can receive more blessings. 
Naij lukuun yokwe komiean. Naij barainwot lukuun missi komiean. Enaaj elon bwijin jeramman nan kom. 
I said i really love you guys and i also really miss you guys. There will be a ton of blessings coming your way. 

love you all,
much love,
Elder Tingey


No comments:

Post a Comment